Saturday, March 14, 2009

my writing genie

a couple of nights ago, I was half-asleep, half-awake, in a state of drunk-hangoverness (creda, pa la raza), and such beautiful phrases came to me. it was the starting paragraph of my novel. it was so great and profound and well-written and perfectly descriptive and amusing that for a moment I thought it was not me thinking of it but that I was told it by the writing muses. the creative gods finally knocked at my door (such a shame - or perhaps a blessing? - that I was suffering from a wild night) and whispered the honeys of narrative in my ear.

my genie finally got louder than my own thoughts and talked to me!!
and I could feel millions of sparks in my brain and how the neurons connected with each other in a way that the dendrites almost hurt and created the most delicate piece of work that I could ever hear.
lately, my genie has been on fire and loud
and
j u m
p
e d
and talked
and performed in the
highest quality ever seen.

1 comment:

Alvaro said...

¿y el escrito apà?