Saturday, January 30, 2010

simple things

I find pleasure in some simple things. These are a few:
- rubber bands.
- finding a button on the road.
- the smell of coffee coming through my nose when I am just about to take a sip.
- knowing that I memorise people´s car plates, phone numbers, birthdays, email addresses and other info that may freak people out if I let them know that I know them by heart.
- walking barefeet.
- feeling the edge of my bedsheets.
- pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pretty paper, markers,... in sum, stationery.
- looking back at old diaries and remembering what I was doing exactly a year ago.
- feeling the texture of things.
- fabrics.
- putting mascara on my eyelashes.
- drawing the contour of things in my head.
- writing to-do lists and checking boxes when they are done, even if I had done them already.

No comments: