Friday, April 15, 2011

25 cosas

sin querer queriendo me encontré algo que escribí hace un par de años. Cosas inútiles personales que decido compartir al mundo. ---------------------------------------------------- 25 random things about me. by Laura Valadez on Friday, 30 January 2009 at 12:08. 1. My second name is Josefina. I was named after my mother´s mum. 2. The food I absolutely loved to take to eat during the break in kindergarten was: salted dried shrimps. My friends used to look at me like a weirdo (sometimes they still do).3. I have practiced ballet, kung-fu and yoga; and there was a period in my life when I was obsessed with the gym and used to do 3 hours aerobics and 2 hours weight-lifting in a day. Those days are gone.4. I have tried to learn Russian and Hindi by myself. very little progress has been done. By the way, I lived in Moscow for 2 months working in the Mexican Embassy. I can order 100 grams of salad in Russian but not 200 or 300 because I only know how to say 100 in Russian. that´s basically all I ate during those months. and beer. and pineapple juice.5. I attract weird people all the time and random things happen to me all the time. For example: people randomly start talking to me in the street. I´ve been asked if I need assistance; I´ve been told that I am not very accurate; I´ve been told that I am a happy taurus; I have been hugged; I have been yelled at; and many other things.6. I absolutely LOVE finding connections between people. My friend Pedro says that the 6-degrees-of-separation theory does not work for me and that it is instead a 3-degree one. It is a feeling that I cannot explain, that part of asking "ah, so do you know...". uuuff.7. Up to high-school, I was planning to be President of Mexico. I once dreamed that I was in Palacio Presidencial, in the main square in Mexico City, on Independence Day, waving the flag and shouting "VIVA MEXICO" to the crowds. (can´t stop laughing now).8. I particularly like the feeling of certain things, for example the edges of bedsheets between my fingers.9. I have produced and been a presenter in 3 radio talk-shows. In one of those, I played a parrot. His name is Rito (el Coto-rrito). Rito exists, he is a plush toy made by me; he lives in Monterrey.10. My parents´ first kids were two boys: twins. They died during the first days. I have always wondered how it would be to have 2 older brothers. but I´ve always thought that if they had lived, neither my younger brother nor I would had existed (or maybe we would had been born in some other family or time / space).11. I do not like cucumber and I love tomato.12. When I was a kid, I was CONVINCED that I could fly. not too high, just to levitate. I am still not sure if that actually happened, they are faded memories, or it was just my imagination.13. I was going to study Chemical Engineering. I changed my mind a few months before enrolling in University. I did International Relations in the end.14. I am a tour guide in Oxford Castle; and I play the role of "Black Bess", a highway woman from the 1700s. (come visit!)15. I have several Obsessive-Compulsive symptoms: Every time I brush my teeth, wash my hands, or wash my hair: I do it twice. I have to touch things to feel how they are like. I check that I am carrying my keys 4 times, and many others.16. A tiny bit of one of my front teeth is fake. I broke it when I was 10-11. I was going out of a swimming pool, slipped, and landed on my teeth.17. I talk and sing to my plants to make them happy.18. When I am bored, I go to wikipedia and click on "random article" for a while, just to read about random stuff.19. I coloured my hair for the first time last summer. It was red.20. I have precognitive dreams. In other words, I dream things and then they happen; sometimes I dream about something at exactly the same moment as it is happening. Some people call this second ability tele-transportation. Believe it or not, it´s happened. we can talk that over coffee someday. I can also remember my dreams from when I was 2-3 years old.21. I am writing a novel. I started around 10 years ago. I wonder if I will ever finish it.22. My dimension-skills are weak. I perform very badly in the kind of tests that ask you to find the mirror image, turn objects upside-down, games like tetris, etc.23. In April 2007, I was walking, slipped down, and broke my leg. It took me 8 weeks to recover.24. I love sleeping with lots and lots and lots of pillows and cushions.25. I hate creamy-filled puddings, like custard-filled doughnuts or stuff like that. ugh.some more26. I like playing with limits, pushing borders, and like the sensation of risk: deadlines, staying in bed until the very last minute knowing that I will rush to work, writing more than 25 things in a "25 things about me" game.27. I love wind-chimes. I am fascinated by them.28. Someday I will have a library, with a system to allocate and identify my books.29. I have some kind of dyslexia or something like that... Most of the times I write phrases and slap wetters between words. It started around fiye vears ago, first while typing and then by hand. I normally notice right away and correct them (in this case they were left like that intentionally). I would love to know more about this, why it happets, enc...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me encantó Lau!!!!
un abrazo.