Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a random advice

weird things happen to me. I know that, we know that, I´ve mentioned that several times already. well, today, a bizarre random advice was given to me.

I was waiting for the bus stop, and saw a guy walking towards my direction accross the road. as soon as he reached the point where I was (on the other side of the road) he crossed the street, came to me and asked: do you know how long is the bus going to take? - perfectly normal, so far- to which I replied "mmh, no more than 10 minutes". the conversation followed pretty much like this:
- ah, have you been waiting for long?
- mmh, no, not really
- so, how do you know?
- well, the board says it comes every 15 minutes, so...
- ah, you said it may come in 10 minutes, for how long have you been waiting?
- well, like 5 minutes
- but before you arrived here, how long it is that the bus had passed?
- ah, actually I saw it leaving; I just missed it.. and it was like 5 minutes ago
- (blablalbalablabla - I couldn´t understand what he said). I think you have been waiting for longer than that, you say it´s coming in 10 more minutes, and you´ve been here for five... it is 8:01 in my watch.. but who knows? you may have a different one!
- well, it´s actually 8:02 in mine..... .... .... and the board says it´s coming at 8:03 so it may be here soon.
- I think you are not too accurate... you should be more accurate so you can make decisions!
- (silence)
- do you need assistance?
- why?
- well, you may need assistance even if you think you don´t need it
(this was getting VERY weird now)
(another girl who was sitting next to me, and who kept quiet all this time: here it is! it´s coming now!. - -THANK GOD!! I thought)
- there it is... (guy standing on the way)... are you getting it?
- yes, but after you...

at this point I was feeling VERY awkward... so I sat down in the only seat that was for 1-person, facing backwards. he sat in the back, and kept staring at me and waving at me and stuff.

2 seconds later (things get better!! am I on TV?!?!)

another man, apparently with a few drinks already, sat just in front of me and starting mumbling to me... then, he started playing music in his mobile... then a french song came and he said "if I was gay, I´d be in heaven right now!!!... you know, gay people would be dancing like this (made little dance)". so I just laughed and said "but you are not"... "no, I am not, I said IF"...

he kept talking to me about things I do not remember.

and voila! we were getting off at the same stop. He went to the opposite direction and shouted "you are the best!!!". ah, the other guy, by the way, had got off the bus two or three stops before me without saying anything else.

"more accurate so I can make decisions".- oh dear, have you been following my life?!

No comments: