Wednesday, November 30, 2005

a town where nothing happens (sólo a mí)

Ok. so I was meeting my friend Hari who lives in London. We agreed that he would drive to Oxford and get to my college around 11:30am saturday. Great. I was so excited about it! So he called me around 11:15am and told me was about to get there. So I went out the front door and waited for him, so we could share stories and catch up after almost 4 years of not seeing each other.

There I was, over Woodstock Road. Then, I saw a man driving a black BMW (1994-1995 probably) that was staring at me. I couldn´t see if he was my friend but he seemed alike... This man did a U-turn, pulled over and opened the door from inside the car. Obviously, I jumped into the car, excited to see my friend again after 4 years, and shouting out loud "HEEEYY HOW ARE YOU!!!!". And he replies... "I am fine! How are you?"... and I realised....

HE WAS NOT MY FRIEND!!!

However, in some part of my brain the thought of "maybe I don´t remember him quite well, it´s been a long time" was running around... But, NOOOO!! HE WAS NOT MY FRIEND!!

As I started moving out of the car he said "well, where do you want to go?"... and I replied "no no no, sorry, I am actually waiting for someone...", he said again "sure? where do you want to go? I drive you"... and I said - once more- "no no no, thanks, I am waiting for a bunch of people. Sorry, I thought you were with them but you are not, I am sorry".

So I jumped off the car and he asked: "can I have your phone number?" - to which I replied "I don´t have any!!" - and he then asked: "then, where do you live?"... and I said "somewhere, back there.. sorry, really sorry, I thought you were with the group I am expecting"... and ran into the College again.

Then, scared, confused, and laughing, called my friend, who answered saying "hey! I´m sorry, I´m stuck in the traffic light, but will be there in less than 5 min".

I only said "don´t worry... just, could you please tell me what car are you driving?"

solamente a mí me pasan cosas así....

No comments: