Thursday, September 11, 2008

on gender issues


i had really never thought about gender issues. it really never meant anything to me. i always have enjoyed the same rights and priviledges and freedom and empowernment that any other person, being guy or girl.
but during these last few days, i have experienced a totally different situation that is making me aware of how special the setting where I have grown up is and to value my country and my people.
i don´t mean to be rude, but this whole new "how come a single woman is walking by herself in the street" and being the only woman having dinner in a restaurant full of men staring at me and the fact of going into a women´s clothes shop where only men are working there and the sassy comments and the looks are making me realise what gender issues are.
........and this is just the tip of the ice-berg.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ay no manches, comadre... como pa echarles ácido!...